The Patricia and phrannie Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before the storm

2 posters

Go down

Before the storm Empty Before the storm

Post  PatriciafromCO Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:42 am

Wondering how you are doing.. It's expected to hit further up North in Denver with heavier snow .. Makes me think that is right in line with you.. Will hit us harder in the south and spare the central part of CO.. looks like from Thursday until Mon or Tuesday it will be bitter cold wind with chances of snow and lots of ice build up on the roads.

Thinking about you and how your doing ..

Got all my supplies done. Was such a nice 66 degree sunshine day with a warm breeze.. Yesterday topped off the horse and bird stuff. Today drove into Pueblo, got dog stuff some more warm blankets, another heater and electric cord to replace Adele oopies... lol... It wasn't expected to get too cold last I had heard it was going to be in the 20's at night.. Just thought since I was going into town for Blades medicine that I would see if they had any straw for the birds especially the new babies.. Am thankful,, just saw the chances of droping to single digits for the next 4 days. Put lots of straw down for everyone feel good they all comfty for what ever comes our way.. Topped off water so I wont have to be out in the weather, hauled some extra hay bales into Johnny's barn so I don't have to wheel barrel it from the Big Barn..

Oh and got a new microwave.. (something is not right) they use to be so cheap. the cheapest 1100 watt one was $98.00 Shocked the rest they had in stock were 700watts and thats a waste of time.. At least this one has a broiler/grilling ability (thought why not try it out) I miss having crunchy stuff.. Not haveing a great selection is typical Walmart downsizing on what products they carry.. Love the new heater warms up the exercise room nicely..

And picked up some puppy toys.. jolly balls, some cheapy critter squeekers, and some frizbie type toys which Adele loves.. Everyone had a good time with the toys.. Love having that empty room when Adele gets antsy in the evening ,, I don't have to go out in the cold to tire her out lol lol just go bounce balls off the walls in the exercise room.. she likes to jump and climb on my stepper platform.. She all nice and tired and happy now..

Adele is a sweetie... she is respectful to get off the bed when I am ready to turn in.. but then she waits until she thinks I am alseep and crawls back up and works her way up against me to snuggle...

movie review;; ( Fingerprints ) loved it.. I am not a blood gore slasher movie without a purpose type of person.. I like a horror movie to have a story line that is interesting, the type you just want to know more.. Enough suspence that you not sure who or what or why... and creepy to raise the hair on the back of your neck from time to time.. And just when you think you know,, you find out your wrong.... lol lo lol ... I liked it...

left in darkness and think Dark Corners was the other title.. both wicked mindbender movies with a creepy air and story line to them but more story then blood and gore..

did what phantom which is a dean koonts (sp) movie.. was interesting story line.. ok watch but like some of SK movies to books empty at times.. Glad I watched it.

still warm outside, light wind.. feeling ok for now.. know I will be different once the weather sets in and the temps stay dropped.. Just a horriable tease to have the temp go up and down you always having to start over accepting that it's winter lol lol .. grumpy grumpy for a few days No

hope your ok... hope it not too busy.. Will say my face texture must be improving in very subtle ways.. I put base make up on (mixed with olay suncreen lotion to dilute it and just have a light tint to even out my skin tone) And it actually went on really smooth and clean looking.. I haven't been able to do that in a long time, with any of the base make ups I tried.. Always knew it was my skin and not the makeup.. Good news for improvements..

hugs hugs hugs ,, more warm hugs and hot coco with the little bitty marshmellows your way !!!!
PatriciafromCO
PatriciafromCO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Before the storm Empty Re: Before the storm

Post  Admin Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Well...has the storm hit you yet? It's been cold here, but no snow (and I'm grateful for that!)...I'm sure it's coming so I count everyday that it's not here as a "lucky day".. Smile The wind doesn't want to give up, tho.

Oh gawd, everytime you talk about Adele, I get puppy fever! Do CC's have much hair? Do they have an undercoat? They look so smooth compared to our GSD's, I can't tell what her coat might be like. Course she's from Georgia, where the weather is warmer....(I've always said, if I got another GSD, I was getting one from California instead of one from Michigan....nothing like a dog who's trying to entice his mistress into the fun and games outside when it's minus 25)....I want one that knows when it's COLD! Ha!

I look at my face and ya know....I don't think there's anything that can be done except surgery after 60...maybe laser would tighten it up, but damn...everything is loose. Have you seen the commercials for Lifetime Lifts?? I looked them up on the internet....holy shit...mass butcher shops, I think. Only 52% of the people who have gone there were happy...that leaves a vast number of people unhappy...and they are VERY unhappy. I thought I'd check it out cuz there is a clinic in Billings....doesn't matter anyway....I don't even like the facelifts the stars get....Cher looks pretty bad, even...I don't think there's a way to not get that stretched look.

Greg called a little while ago, and said he'd worked in his shop till 9:00 tonight....he really is trying to get it organized. We had to get his truck in for a new starter this morning at 8:00...we got home for like 30 minutes, and they called and it was done...so back to the shop to pick it up. Then he went straight out there, and started organizing. I was dragging my butt around all day for lack of sleep...LOL.

So now it's December...only 21 more days and the days start getting longer....YES!!! Smile

I used to be a great spooky show watcher, but anymore, I swear I can't take the tension...LOL...isn't that wierd? I can watch the old ones I saw when it didn't bother me...but nothing new. I think the last scary movie I saw was The Hostel...I only watched half of it...I was ironing, and HAD to turn it off, I was so damned tense...ha! I can watch anything that is non-fiction tho...serial killers and all...and that doesn't bother me (course I know how they will end, cuz they're true Smile).

So...now I'm mosying thru another week...very tempted to take off two days next week and knock my personal leave time down a notch...December isn't a great time for taking time off...everybody wants it.

p
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://patandphran.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:02 am

am happy to hear from you .. that yall are ok and it wasn't bad for you.. Wasn't sure since I wasn't seeing anything on the news.. Not alot of snow, not even alot of wind.. It will be the low temps single digits for awhile over night, and the warm ups during the day just enough at 30's to dampen the packed ice on the road and refreeze it for the breezes passing over it.

Can see getting a fixer upper after I get through meno ,, right now (my opinion with fluxing hormones) any work done now will easily be undone for any future fluxes I go through. I think it's a good idea to get a refresh for yourself "agree finding the right docs is the scary part"
am sure there is a no knife proceeder you can look into.. Even get just one section done instead of an intire face lift. For me it would be the lower are, jowl lift.

Adele's coat is like a Dobbies, if I remember what a Dobbie feels like.. But it doesn't shed when you petting her like short hair breeds have done.. I use the horse rubber round hand brush, the ones that have the little circles of teeth and can't get anything off of her. She makes me think of petting a seal it is so short and slick.. NO undercoat at all. I had to laugh when she was covered with shedded fur for standing too close in the crowd while I was brushing the shepherds lol lol lol ... she doesn't have the thick fur between her paws either.. What ice ball catchers that is on the sheps..

is interesting that it seems more intense for the scary movies for you.. I could never watch the teen flick blood and gore stuff (freddy cruger, or jason stuff) it doesn't scare me , I just can't watch the violent act of slaughter ( very painful to me).. I like suspence, unexplained types better.. Do like to creep myself out because I find it interesting and laughable... Like I wont look into a mirror in the dark silly...lol lol wont place mirrors facing door ways or windows.. always found other places that do , the room to be very very cold and hair rasing when entering them..

Hard to believe the year went so fast,, No I say if you can get some days off , take them... pirat

nothing here,, worked out, played with the animals, fed and watered.. and that was it lol ... We have another storm coming in and we are in line to get the worst of it coming up from the south. Think good thoughts it will miss us and fall mostly to the east of I-25 and leave us on the fringe am not prepared for a blizzard and waitting for it to melt and then dry... So think good thoughts I will end up on the fringe and it looks like we are if it stays on track to hit the east hard..

hugs...

PatriciafromCO
PatriciafromCO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:03 am

So now I know why Adele creeps back into bed with you, after you've climbed between the blankets....she's COLD!! LOL. When we were picking apples in Eastern Wa., one of the guys we had picked up along way went to jail, leaving his Dobie with us. It was fine the second week of September, but by the time the first of Oct was looming, that pup was crawling into bed with whoever would have him...Smile. Of course, that was usually me, cuz I liked sleeping with him...we kept each other warm.

Moj did a number today....I was SO pissed at him, but only on the inside, he can't help being a dog. We've done so well on spells...just the most minor of spells for the last 2 months. Today we were playing puck on the Blvd. and all of a sudden there's two big dogs coming out the gate of our big pasture (one looked like a Yellow Lab/Pit cross...the other maybe Lab and Great Dane...one BIG PUPPY, he was a puppy, too...maybe 7 or 8 months old)...and of course, Moj was off like a shot. DAMN I wish that dog would get some ears that hear. The shitty part of taking care of an invalid is....instead of being able to be happy at how well Moj does with other dogs (I thought maybe that Pittie might tear into him)...but no...once they were close to one another, it was "getting aquainted" time....Moj isn't looking for a fight, and so far I've never seen a dog want fight him either....he's VERY good with other dogs. But instead of enjoying his good nature, I've got this spell to look forward to...trying to figure out what I'll do about work vs. the dog....on a weekend.....and the fact that I get to look forward to it for two days (I don't know WHY it takes 48 hours for a spell to come)....so basically, I lose 3 days to one little incident....just makes me sick. And there's nothing I can do about it! I'll simply have to desert him when it's time to go to work...or if I'm "lucky" (can you call this luck)...He'll have his spell on Saturday night, and I can stay up all night and THEN go to work. It's times like this that I realize how tired I am of the hyper-vigilence, cautious, eggshell walk living with Moj can be. It's all fine and dandy when nothing happens...but I can't protect him from everything...and then we both suffer.

Other than that...the day was uneventful...LOL. Greg has his shop looking GREAT! He sure has gotten good about throwing shit out. Even after the 7 horse trailer loads last summer, he managed a pickup truck full, today.

I laughed when I first read "Even get just one section done instead of an intire face lift." I pictured just getting one side done...hahahahahahahaha....really, go look at the before and after pics of movie stars....even those who can pay BIG bucks for surgery, have a windswept look...I think you have to have it done earlier than the 60's while your skin has more elasticity. But if I had to chose....it would be my neck and jowl...damn...does it ever start sliding...like it's trying to catch up with my boobs. HA!

One of my eyes did a normal "shed" of lashes...just happened to be in one spot. I thought..."Ok Latisse, lets see how well you do on this"....FUCK, they are back already in 5 days....Woooooo. Did tell you that Latisse also makes them have a natural curl? So I don't use a curler at all on them (better for them and me)....I might end up being a lifer for Latisse.

Well, it's getting close to 11:00...we got new lockers and storage desks here, so I spent the evening moving everything into the new stuff...Got told when I got here, I HAVE to either take time off or get paid 80% for any vacation time over 1000 hours...going to take the 19th, 20th, and 21st off....I'll still have 23 hours over, but there are no more days I can get cuz everybody is taking time off in December....If I worked in a different department, I'd be able to take off till the first of the year....wouldn't THAT be nice??

p

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:56 am

hugs sending good thoughts for Mojo and for you too alien

great about the latisse,, so happy its passing your expectations for it.. The length and curl sounds really nice.. I have never used an eye lash curler ,, I have seen them but not really understood why people used them ...

The natural botox and filler should be here Tuesday.. with the water turned off am not able to do the daily peel treatment, just using the Vit C and this nector stuff and the hyaluronic moisturizer which really pulls the first two in.. Make up is going on much smoother and the lines on my upper lip are not as deep.. cherry will be interesting to see what these two will do.. flower If I have to pick the worst area it's the lines around my lips that are so pronounced.. have lines on my forhead and bridge that don't bother me too much.. Am wondering if the filler will work on my neck.. Bad Bad habbit of always looking down, half for the fact am always interacting with the animals and the other half is just me not wanting to be interacted with in a people environment.. I don't do eye contact , it's why those solicitors grab everyone around me , and not me lol llol lol ... But it has caused alot of lines on my neck that really bother me.. And know since asking I know I can do the peel on my neck as well.. (wasn't sure I heard the neck skin was more delicate or something) but was told I could do my neck with the peels so hoping that it will help.

Adele just like the futon loll lol ... and she really loves her mommy .. it's hard not to enjoy the feel of her... Shes a good dog inside.. and she is no bodies fool... that sorta rough edge you appreciate in a dog.. Actually had my first dream with her in it.. It was her Ra and J with me.. they were all very well behaved and watching after me.. Don't remember what we were doing since Adele likes to wake me up.. She getting better not swatting me in the face with her paw.. She actually had a toy in her mouth this morning and nudged me with it.. was cute and very acceptable for her trying to figure out how to wake me up that she don't get the (OFF) in a grumpy way and me pulling the covers over my head rolling over for another 10 minutes while they have to wait. Don't dare jump up and get up for her beating on me... I make them wait to let them know it don't work.. But like this morning with the nudge with the toy, I jumped up and let them all out..

glad your going to get the days off.. santa And do hope Mojo will be graceful.. I think the reason it takes long to show up,, it reminds me like when I would take a PT test for the military.. I would be fine after the test , be fine the next day,, but that 3rd day my body would be screaming......so it sounds just like that for Mojo's spells hitting him. Guess he normal in that way.. Did you give him anything to see if it would off set the spell? I remember you saying something about trying that before with him..?

uneventful here... Babies still doing ok.. the coldest weather single digit will hit in the next few days.. Going to try to pack an igloo with straw and see if I can get the momma to go in there with the babies... she is being really good for allowing me around her and the babies,, she looks to me when I set up their water and feed and follows me like she knows I am doing something for her and the babies... The danger is the cold for them...

Hugs your way
PatriciafromCO
PatriciafromCO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:20 pm

I told Greg when I left to really watch Moj's pee in case the spell stars early (which would mean it will be a very long one)...but it also will give me more time to work with him (then if it started at 1:00 tomorrow afternoon)....Maybe it does take those 2 days for the inflammation to get swollen enough to pinch that nerve. This time, tho....I added an extra 25 mg's of Rimadyl to his normal 100 mgs that he gets everyday. 125 mg's was the dosage they gave him when he first hurt himself back in "08"....I figure that can't hurt him taking it for 2 days...don't know if it'll help, tho either.

What a SWEETIE Adele is....that is so cute! I can picture her coming up with different ideas on how to wake mom up....(Moj's method....cold nose on cheek, and a whine...Smile) You are very good at keeping me in touch with my puppy fever....shame on ya!! Smile...

Honey, the lines in your neck come from being over 40....that's the place I look when I'm trying to figure out how old somebody really is....I've come to the conclusion (after looking at thousands of necks)...that lines come in the 40's....they deepen in the early 50's....and then slide down to form a turkey neck in the late 50's and early 60's. Moisturizing is the only think I can think of that is non-surgical...unless this new plumper and the peel work there, too...that would be wonderful! I probably would look at your "lines" and lip wrinkles and have to 'remember when mine looked so good'....I'd be jealous! TRUE!!

I walked into a fire storm here at work, but it's all quieted down now. Randy tried to get out of here quick, but I made him stay till he brought me up to speed (couldn't believe he was just going to hang it on me without any info on what was happening!).

So...this night could be a long one....if not, then I'll be up really early to keep Moj empty till the spell starts....timing wise....I think I might have run out of luck, after 3 years of being lucky.

p
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Been thinking to set up a camera and take a close up natural light, no make up picture every day or every week so you could really see if there was a change or no change..

I wouldn't of know there was any difference until I actually tried to put the liquid make up on and it was flawless instead of the usual of gooping up and making the bad areas really stand out.. Was cool because my skin looked flawless and natural, that was the day I ran into Alice at the feed store and got the check me out long stare with a happy to see you smile HI !!!! lol ... And she said see, I'm growing my hair long ... What a Face and I just smiled.. (saving up my money to get a semi load next hay season) the more I can stay away from needing that feed store I will be happy) tongue

lol puppy fever would be good in the spring time lol lol she is a nudge with those huge paws. no mistaken when she trying to tell you something lol lol ...

sorry work started off tight.. not what you need on your plate right now.. Am hoping Mojo sustains from having an attack at least not a hard one.. Just breathe sweetie just breathe !!!!
PatriciafromCO
PatriciafromCO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Greg just called and Moj pencil peed, then sputtered and spurted on their last walk, so Greg will give him a Valium around 10:30'ish so it'll be in his system when I get home. That will also allow me to give him another at 2:30 or so if we need it (why do I feel like we will?? the 1/4 mile run/trot, maybe??). On the good side, tho....I will have until 3:30 tomorrow afternoon to get him going again, and that is GOOD...and it's Sunday, so I don't have to wear makeup, change clothes or any of that shit...can maybe even catch a cat nap here.

I think Alice simply doesn't know what to think of you....really! You have made so many changes over the last two years....the weight, the working out...hair/skin...all of it. Instead of getting older every year, you're getting younger, and she can't figure that out! I'm sure it iritates her, but she's intrigued, too.

p
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:20 pm

it wouldn't be so bad if she didn't shit on my character as a person... The one guy that works at the feed store made a point to tell me Alice is not my friend talking bad about me.. She tells people I'm crazy retard and that my horses are crazy loons dangerious, that I don't have any business having horses. I told him I knew.. Come across too many people who treated me like they knew me even though I had never met them before in my life. ?? If she was my friend it would be different.. just hate the insincere smile cutie pie to my face, like she really thinks she's getting over on me.. like I'm too stupid that I don't know the real deal.....

So sorry for Mojo... still hope for the best for him and you..

waitting on the news to come on and try to pin down the weather forcast and exactly how many more snow falls we are expecting..
PatriciafromCO
PatriciafromCO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:33 am

Well...either Greg doesn't know what he's seeing, and Moj wasn't going into a spell (and I can never really tell about that)....or the Valium kicked in and worked (which could be)....he peed pencily, but steady....then by the end of our walk he peed real....so I'm going to bed!! Smile

Only in the last 2 months has he had "partial" spells....always in the past he's either peeing....or he's not. I can't help but get a little hope up that the nerves are re-wiring a little....I know it's stupid to hope such a thing...but nerves are funny things...they do regenerate to a degree....some parapalegics can start moving a toe (quadapalegics move two fingers) after years of being unable to do so....so it's not impossible....improbable maybe....but not totally impossible.

p
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:34 am

Even if it is only for the moment.. Am happy for this moment for Mojo being able to still pee and you able to lay down and get some sleep.. Very Happy

Do feel the body can heal,, My special needs little ones did, they healed to a level that they could take care of things and only need a little of assistance from me here and there...
PatriciafromCO
PatriciafromCO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Well...I don't know. Maybe the "partial spell" last night WAS the bad spell I was anticipating. He was still peeing good when I left for work today. YEAAAAA!! Greg said..."I didn't think he'd have a spell"...I asked why? He said "because you're due a break on the spells"....LOL. Not very scientific reasoning...ha! But maybe I did get lucky....or, maybe his nerves are rewiring themselves a little, enough so he's not completely blocked....I can live with these partial spells pretty darn easy. I see him penciling/dribbling...pop him a Valium...and within 2 hours he's peeing....these kind of spells are a snap! Keep your fingers crossed. Smile Again....I get to experience how wonderful it can be when I'm wrong.... I LOVE BEING WRONG!

Looks like it might be another quiet night here....this is my Friday number 1...only one more day after this, and I get my short weekend. Snowed a little last night...but we sure aren't getting much this year (it sure seemed cold this morning, tho). Last year at this time, we'd been dumped on twice.

I got Moj out about 7:00, then let the horses loose. Once I saw Moj was peeing good, all I wanted to do was crawl under a warm blanket on the loveseat, and watch Law and Order till I dozed off for another hour....I was tired. Ah...but when I came back inside, Greg had gotten up...that nixed the couch idea...darn it. I was thinking that he might sleep in a little on a Sunday.

p

Greg can be SO funny. For years I've been telling him he must have indian blood in him, for all the crap he managed to gather and stuff into the barn, dead cars in the driveway...old campers...BOATS...Today he said (for the one millionth time)..."You don't have to fix me breakfast, I can just eat mush again..." He says this EVERY Sunday, and I always say..."no, I'll fix breakfast"...Today, I said "you have to have Jewish blood in ya, too....nothing comes from you, without a guilt trip attached"....so now he's telling everybody (my sister, Keven...Tom the renter)....Jackie called me a Jewish Indian...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:51 pm

lol lol lol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
PatriciafromCO
PatriciafromCO
Admin

Back to top Go down