I think Waylon has foundered....

Go down

I think Waylon has foundered....

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:30 am

on hay no less. Saturday, Greg asked me if I thought Waylon was lame, so I watched him picking his way across the ice, and thought...no, I think he's being careful. Then yesterday, he was walking all stoved up, so took a halter out and tried walking him...Man, he really didn't want to move at all, but was willing to stand at the feeder and eat....so brought him up on top and locked him in the top corral. Bought some straw to encourage him to lay down (but he won't)...at least it's something soft to stand on. Also got him some stuff for founder to mix into some Senior Feed. Calling the Vet this morning, but ya know...at nearly 30 years old, this easily could all be due to age.

Won't know what to do...which way to go with him till after the Vet comes. He's in so much pain, it makes me ache...and I can't help him.

Between my chronic dog, this lump on my neck that isn't going away with antibiotics...and now Waylon, I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed.

p
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://patandphran.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I think Waylon has foundered....

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:00 pm

oh P the worst of situations for you and me both to have to ever considering faceing Crying or Very sad . Be waitting to hear what the vet has to say. Crying or Very sad Send all my thoughts and prayers yalls way.
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:06 am

Thinking about you and Waylon sending all our thoughts your way !!!!
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:01 am

Vet came a little after 1:00....she gave Waylon some pain meds and some Bute via injections....since getting him out of pain was the first objective. She gave me bute in a paste to give him once a day, for several days....got a hold of my farrier and he'll be here next Monday to trim him up. We'll see how he's doing by Thrus., and if he's still really, REALLY bad, she can do xrays out here, and we'll see what the bone is doing...if it's slipped or not.

She said that so many things can cause founder....feed, worms, riding on pavement...and the list goes on and on....tho, she said when the ground is a sheet of ice like it has been the last couple weeks, she gets called out on founder way more than other times except spring. She said I won't find that in a book, but it's just been her experience in the 35 years she's been a Vet.

Greg went to find him some grass hay....the farrier says "starve him" (then laughed and said not REALLY starve him, he'll just think he's being starved)...like only a flake at night and a flake in the morning....Will soak his hay flake in water as long as it's staying warm....and since he'll be hungry, I'm sure he'll clean it up before it can freeze.

My Vet helped save him when he colic'd all those years ago. She said when it said Waylon on the appointment card, she felt a flutter in her heart that he was still around, and obviously healthy till this happened. She was so glad to see him.

Now it's a matter of wait and see....just like everything else....and this Virgo likes neat orderly....get it done, so it's out of the way...LOL. I've not been having fun the last 3 weeks at all.

Hope my Shakeology gets here quick. I ran out, and was actually looking for something in the grocery store that would get me thru a few days. I'm used to the quick mix in the morning, knowing I'm getting good stuff....and not having to worry about eating anything else till night. Smile

p
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:24 am

thank goodness I know nothing about horse terms... I thought founder was the other really really bad thing.. I don't even want to mention it's name (no jynx's) was just beside myself all day about Waylon and how he was doing... And how you were doing.... Thankful I know nothing about horse terms and being wrong on what I thought it was... Thankful that you have a good vet that knows him.. Sending good thoughts he will recover quickly.. 30 years old.. geesh hugs for him.. that is so darn good to reach that age...

Your shakeology should be there soon.. Did you get an email that it had been shipped there is a tracking number they send with it... I ordered just a few days before we did yours,,, and mine has arrived.. Be aware you will get one large bag and not the individual packets like the ones I sent you... That is what comes with the challenge pack,, you can change it to the individual packages,, by calling...

the one big Bag is a full 30 day supply,, and the individual packets are a 24 day supply.. they both are the same price,, but due to the extra cost of packaging the individual packets you get less then the one big bag...

I called them today and will be getting the tropical starwberry next month.. it's 10.00 more for the month supply then the chocolate or greenberry.. It's the cost of the ingredients mainly the rice brain protien source.. Looking forward to trying it and see what I think of it...

Glad you like it.. Very Happy if you don't like the greeberry just let me know and I will trade with you for a chocolate and you can call and let them know you only want the chocolate.. Very Happy

So when you get the Rev Abs and start playing with it,, start off at your own pace.. focus on the moves and do them at your own pace.. I didn't start off P90X being able to go as fast as or as many reps as them, my first week I didn't even use any weights.. Still saw improvements and changes in my body... Do want to hear what you think of it...

just remember

It takes 4wks for you to notice your body changing
8wks for your friends to notice
and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice.. give it 12 wks and so don't quit

and that is with any approach and changes that you make...
so do you want an invite to my accountability group?? even to just track your walks and meals.. Keep you focused on your current goals.. cat

got out today... 10 bags of horse and 10 bird stuff,, grocery stuff for me... Took Adele with me to see if she was mentally deranged for beeing isolated in a good home since last September or November lol.. She hasnt left the house since then.. .. She was fine an actually better.. We are more bonded and she knows alot more team skills now.. Alice rushed over and hugged me, then swooped down and hugged Adele.. Adele took not of Alice hugging me,, but picked up that I wasn't worried about it and was ok.... And she didn't care that Alice went down on her hands and knees right in Adeles face and hugged squeezed her... lol.. My dogs think it's normal human behavior lol lol ... I am such a huggy squeezy type person,, always mouthing on them and belly buster farts on them... They so used to be handled that way it's not offensive to them from a person that means them no harm... It's the reason I do it to them... Because I can't trust humans to have any common sense not to do such things.... She did really good walked thorugh a obsticle course of scary things to see how she would do, and she just followed along with me.. Even the two stacks of feed that the plastic wrap had torn and was wipping in the wind at as we walked between them,, the noise it was making was huge,, but she just followed right through with me .. so am happy for her to be ok with the world.. oh she is 75lbs , 9 months old on Feb 11, and 26 inches as the withers.. guess she has grown a little bit lol ...
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:58 am

The other realy bad thing is faster, and far more painful (just the pain of it will kill them)....So now for a week or so, I have another intensive care patient. Nothing like Moj, but aside from fiddle fucking with his food, and getting the Bute into him....he needs company, so will go out several times a day and just sit with him. I did that when he had the colic surgery....it really does lift his spirits. I am tired this morning...all the emotional crap, plus being late to get to bed yesterday....sure keeps me in touch with how necessary 45 minutes of sleep on my schedule can be.

LOL...you sure have confindence in my body....it might only take 4 weeks for me to notice....but at 61, it would take a time machine for my friends or the world to notice anything different. There's all this skin to reckon with....nothing I do is going to make it snap back and reattach itself to where it was even 10 years ago. After a certain age, a person just gotta accept that what you're doing is pretty much just for you, and maybe your Dr. Smile It's all fine, cuz I've accepted that age doesn't make you ugly or anything...it just makes you invisible. Being healthy is the good thing...looking good, well....I quit turning heads a while ago (and I don't care, it's a relief!!)

So....got about another hour in this place....and only one more day....have to get the second set of stitches out on Friday, and make an appointment over the lymph node. If I thought I was busy before, I think I'm about to become quite a bit busier...

I'm hoping the Greenberry is as good as the chocolate, well...hope it's palatable enough that I don't mind drinking it....

p
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:45 pm

hugs to both of you... You are so good to your little ones, no wonder he has made it to 30.... too bad you can't take some blankets and pillow out to the barn and catch some sleep out there with him.. lol bring the TV and a thermas too.. Smile Johnny loved to watch movies with us and video games...

I think looking more after your diet schedule and some strength training even just 10 minutes , that you will feel a little lighter in spirit,, may give you some extra blood flowing that some of that old tension your still carring from past events since they have melted right into the next stressful event.. your body will be able to release it, to relax.. Who knows what the outside effect will be unless you try it,, but I do know the inside affect you will feel will happen.. So yes I am positive that little changes as your are doing and looking at doing you will feel it..

I like the greenberry when I tried a sample, it was more fruity..

Had a good day with Adele.. I finally felt her inside me,,, new it instantly she was there.. We were getting ready to go out side and everyone was doing their crazy jumping, barking acting like fools ( I wish they wouldn't in a small room) and I wanted my scarf that was on the other end of the futon from me. I looked right towards Adele being silly doggy stuff too,, and she just looked up and I pointed towards the scarf and said get my scarf,, she jumped up on the futon and grabed my flannel shirt dragging it towards me,, and I said thank you but i need the scarf and pointed and she looked took a dive and a pounce and dragged it to my direction.. it was so spontanious free will of her,, and she was with me even with the chaos around us.. she saw only me.. too sweet... Now they all hate her even more.. hate the puppy .. tongue

hope you got some rest....
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum