smooshie smooshie xmass

Go down

smooshie smooshie xmass

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:27 pm

so nice and quiet... all the babies so so tired and Adele loves her jolly ball...
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: smooshie smooshie xmass

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Gawd....I think I'm falling love with Adele!! She really is a cutie....something so beguiling about sleeping puppy (even 60 lb ones).

So...did your body rebel against the snow shoveling? That's no small amount...but glad you got it before it started packing down from air pressure and sunshine....wet snow is so damned heavy, you could count shoveling that shit as cardio for 3 days Smile.

My body is going into a rebellion from lack of sleep....about ready to take a little snooze for myself...just a little one, cuz Moj has had 2 very inactive days with mom being gone on Sat night, and having to go back to work last night. He's a trouble maker when he has too much energy. If I had confidence in his peeing thing, I'd be tempted to get him a friend to play with when I'm tired. I'd just shoo them into the lower pasture and say have at it, kiddos.

Attaching a pic of THE pic that Michelle and Tim gave me....the only photogenic one in it is Waylon...LOL.....Waylon and Moj rarely take bad pics.

p

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://patandphran.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:20 pm

BAh!!! all of yall look wonderful !!!!!

I am sure any CC pup would of been perfect.. but What I saw in Adeles eyes in her photograph was so dead on of who she really is deep inside... sweet, affectionate, with an edge of sass !!!!

did survive the shoveling, body recovers really well,, was really stiff come that night couldn't even bring my shoulders forward or backwards, but woke up ok and not sore.. I can get out now it's about getting the timing right,, not too early in the morning when it's like glass and not too late that I will be digging down into mush and mud... Just never get my butt moving on Mondays for some odd reason lol lol ... Tuesday to Walsenburg and Wednesday to Pueblo... quick trips, should have alot of melt this week for getting up into the 50's before cooling back off to the teens..

glad you had a wonderful holidays... seems it should be quiet at work for the weather on a calm stretch.. Am hoping myself this is the last of the wet and we go back into an early dry spring.. Ready for it to be a quick winter....

hugs your way .,, waitting on the hoses to melt and get the water topped off for everyone..
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Tim kept bugging me to purchase something nice for my birthday..... Smile sincerely already had a productive x mass and wasn't anything that popped out at me....

it must of been faith because I don't think this new design hair stick had been posted to the store for very long before I happen to drop buy and not even blink about purchasing it.. The colors are perfect for red hair... and click click it's mine.... so am happy....

it's holy wood inlaid with malachite... guess the artis got a new toy for x mass and is able to do more detail designs.. so it will be a cool collectable hair stick year....
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Damn...I actually caught a cold from my great-nephew! He was sick Xmas Eve, and I hugged him anyway (when will I learn that little kids carry diseases this old bod never saw before?). I think I caught one last year at this time....it was the first cold in 20 years or something like that. Anyway spent the morning and afternoon, sleeping...taking Moj outside....then sleeping some more. 8000 mgs of Vit C during the day, and Aleve....tomorrow will be much better I''m sure! I don't want Greg to catch it....that will really piss him off (strange man, like I gave it to him as a get back or something)....

Love the new hair stick....it's beautiful.

About ready to take Moj out again, then hit the couch....this is NOT the way I wanted to spend my "day in jams"....I wanted it to be planned, looked forward to....and feel GOOD doing it Smile.

p
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:34 pm

hugs hugs hugs..... Embarassed see dogs don't give you things like kids do... lollol lol ... with everything you put in you,, can't see why you won't be feeling better tomorrow.. Send good thoughts... Wink

lets see, yesterday I walked around with the snow shovel and scooped down the above knee drifts in the driveway.. Went down to the main gate and shoveled the gate out so it would open then made two lines of foot paths in the shin high snow just to squish it down for the truck tires.. Worked perfectly to blast down the drive way this morning and get out to Walsenburg for topping off the supplies.. Roads were fine getting back in, still a good thickness of packed snow to melt off.. Will get my butt going in the morning to get out to Pueblo and should be fine getting back in by noon... Wednesday on,, it's going to start melting fast...with 50 to 60s by new year eve.. YEAH another bath day lo llol lol ....

J jumped the gate and I heard Adele barking and barking then sudden dead silence lo llol lol .. Went out side and Adele pulled the slip not on the gate and was running after J, (by then they were well far off 35acs away already...) Adele has a recall without stimulas.. Running free her current recall skill level would not work.. Made a joke to Tim when I was telling him about me standing there watching them (buddy system is dangerious) but watching them going going going .. The comment I thought to myself was "OH LOOK there goes 4.K $$$$ lol the cost of the two together " Rolling Eyes

it was deep snow in the road and pastures in the direction they went , I just kept a steady pace towards their last direction, though they were no longer in visual sight. I know J, knew what she was doing (old pattern) run into back corner of Roberts property to hit the high brush for rabbit flushing...... And sure enough she popped out of the brush to look for me at the tractors, a long ago begining behavior working with her.... I took a chance and recalled her sharply and she started running and yes bringing Adele with her... (thank god for leader dogs when you don't have a handle on the newer dog) She came running right to me with Adele at her side... I had a lead to put on Adele,, but I thought lets work with this without the lead since Adele is so tied to big sister J.. (adele needs to start learning to do this on her own) I trusted in J to be there for me... And I told her to take Adele back to the house,, and J took off running , Adele followed .. J brought Adele all the way back to the back yard gate.. I kept saying """ to the house"" once we hit the main road and up the drive way,, it's a command I use in the safety of the back yard every day Adele ... so saying it now is just a longer extension of the same thing for Adele to start learning.

of course Adele coming to a standing hault at the back yard gate, broke the excitment that held her following J.. Adele went to keep walking off to continue the adventure ,, and by then I was right there to gather Adele up with a hug and redirect Adele giving her the command "to the house" and she was close enough to respond and walk her ownself back through the gate and to the back door in the house...

"sigh" lol.. the gray hairs in the begining of every new dog.......

know your not feeling well to lug through all this rambling... hugs hope your feeling better soon.. Hope Greg doesnt get sick and make it a point to keep reminding you it's all your fault... Evil or Very Mad princess'es ((( is sex really that good for us to keep them around...))) tongue
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:01 pm

Wow....the power of 40,000 mgs of Vit C!!! Smile Coming down with cold on Monday, sick with cold on Tues...Weds cold moved into chest....Thurs....cold is all but gone!! YES!!

Wind storm last night blew the roof cap up on the barn. When I first saw it this morning it was still dark, so thought it was one of the skylights....I was just sick....but as it grew lighter, I could see it was just the first 2 feet of the roof cap. Hopefully Greg will get up there this afternoon, and screw it back down so it won't continually get more damaged....it protects the skylights, too....from getting torn up in a storm.

Oh honey, I can imagine the anxiety deep in your gut...the "what if" I just saw $4500 run out the gate...that really adds to the fear of losing a dog....it's bad enough that you love them so much....but add a price tag, and SHIT!! You knew where J was...but an adolescent pup might get distracted even from J, and who knows where her nose and attention might take her. Those two dogs that Moj ran off a couple weeks ago, one was an adult Pit cross...but the other was a Great Dane cross pup about 6 to 8 months old....I watched him get lost in the neighbor's equipment yard...the Pit was doing a regular snoop around, but the pup had to investigate each and every thing...do some goofy leaps and bounds...and then I saw the look on his face when he realized he was alone, and his partner had moved on. It was a Scooby Doo moment "UH OH!!"...It was pretty sweet tho, cuz the Pit came back and found him....he was delighted that he'd been found...J would have found Adele, but who knows where. The above was just me observing two dogs that I had NO IDEA who or where they belonged....how far they'd traveled is a mystery. But Adele stayed with J....and you know J....and knew where to look...so all ended well. Without knowing it, you and I use so many similar commands....maybe because we believe that these pups of ours are so capable of learning the whole damned language?? You say "to the house"....I say "go home"...LOL....and you and I both know, they know what we're saying. Smile

Don't know what I'll do today....it got so late so fast....Horses are avoiding the corral, it's so muddy....hoping we'll get a real freeze going, so it's not so mucky. I had to truge down to the bottom with grain buckets to entice them in last night. I worry about them not getting enough water. Sunny is lazy, anyway...and during the winter eats a lot of snow (which now we have none)....I was shocked yesterday to see him drinking out of a puddle in the pasture (I've never seen a horse do that in all the years I've had them). I don't think Waylon is quite so self sufficient, and might go without water. The troughs are barely touched. I wish Greg would leave the manure in the corral, and quit cleaning it. Manure absorbs water, and it offers traction....but Greg keeps scraping it off to a nice smooth surface....the only thing that will make him stop it, is a broken leg I guess. Fret, fret, fret.

Made homemade taco's last night...yes, I cooked Smile and it was hit!! We'll have them again, tonight. Greg is looking at houses in Arizona again...must be cuz it's wintertime....LOL. Did you know they make Adobe style double wides for desert areas?? He showed this adobe house on 2 acres last night....it looks JUST LIKE an spanish house....then I find out it's a double wide. Never see anything like that up here...I was amazed. $70,000 or make offer....pretty cheap, the house is only 5 years old.

Glad you've been able to get in and out. It's sunny and warm here, today, too...like 43 degrees...I don't like this in December...makes me wonder what Mother Nature has in store for Jan and Feb...LOL. We need snow, but I don't want it all at once....It'll be a good test tho, to see how Moj's pee'er REALLY is. Deep snow usually brings on spells...so it would be a time to see if he's just been lucky, or if some healing has taken place.

p
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:30 am

So glad your feeling better , knew you would give it a good swift kick and be done with it Cool We are expecting 80 to 100 mph winds tomorrow,, so must be getting what passed through your way.. The snow melted really fast with still snow left to melt.. It's a mushy mess and the new neighbors got their first taste of getting stuck this morning (same place as the last neighbor the dry wash past me where the others have rutted it deep).. Guess the church supplies them with the a furnished house, and the vehicles to go with it.. Seems like he has the same job as the last neighbor for leaving and coming at the same time. That is why I hadn't noticed the old neighbors were gone since they had the same black SUV,, Wasn't but a week after the first snow that he was dogging that vehicle up and down the road that I heard it making all the funny straining engine noises clunking and rattling pass on the road.. They have a new white suv now..

Robert came in day before yesterday when it was still firm and got stuck in his drive way, yesterday it was just total slosh. Walked the roads with Robert because he has to leave back to Denver this morning (friday).. Or at least he wants to leave.. But it's not freezing over this night and will be back up into the mid 50's today. His truck is parked on his road in the only high dry area and we were looking for any place he might get it turned around.. I know after the shonook winds hit this place will be void of snow and will be dired out.. Think Sunday the roads will be passible again. OH being a man, I am sure Robert will try to hit the road out of here in the morning so I wish him luck silent ..

Crashed and burned earlier and just got woken up by the dogs (midnight) lol ... not good for my sleep pattern.

tacos did sound nice !! Can imagine the corral being all muddy.. Johnny and Bob don't mind but the llamas are little princesses about not wanting to step in the mud.. They have a two toe claw foot so I guess they don't like the oosing between the toes.. Their feet really do look prehistoric.. Hopes the winds dried you out for the horses to come back up to the corral.. Johnny and Bob will drink water from the dry pond in the pasture when there is water there.. Bob even show Johnny how to break the ice. It was really cute, I picked up a rock too and did like Bob and then Johnny still a baby then tried it too.. REally sweet moment Very Happy

Will be bath day tomorrow.. What a Face been using a leave in conditioner in my hair .. just saturate it in the morning put it up, then take it down at night and re-soak it in conditioner.. Has worked perfectly for keeping my hair soft and moisturized and looking fresh.. And like all the different scents I purchased. It's natural based in oils, and I dilute it with water for what I need just put in a new order going through her long scent list for fun trying all of them as I go along..

(astral glow, angel, dragon blood, evening musk, enchanted forest, plumeria, woodland park, vanilla sandalwood, snapdragon, moonlit walk and she suggest lemon sugar for a sweet cistrus type smell) going to try her seaweed soap, and some face serum again all natural with oil bases)

actually never thought manuer was good for traction, or absorbing water,, didn't know that.. always learning right.. Funny that you mention AZ again, I saw a beautiful house that was listed in AZ and thought of you it was one of those XX million dollar homes but it was so nice just to look at.. There are a couple of adobe modules out here and they do look real.. But gosh this module is falling apart at the seams after 10 years so am not sure I can recomend modules without caution for being as good as real houses..

Think the same as you.. for these months being wacky on the weather.. My thoughts is Jan will be dry and if a Blizzard is coming it usually happens 10th to 15th in Feb.. Though we need the moisture I prefer we start heading into spring and winter just not happen this year pirat

crappy hay is going for $18.00 a bale..around here.. All the poor horses that have been dumped at the auction.. I really thought dogs and cats got a bad deal,, but I know now the horses are even less cherished around here to be dumped so easily and dumped in the massives.

guess since I am up I will go get my P90X2 yoga done... hate it when I knock the sleep pattern way off....

hugs so happy you feeling better...

PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:36 pm

I would be a nervous frigging wreck if the forecast contained 80 to 100 mph winds...holy shit!! I don't think our house would hold up to it...I don't think I'd hold up to it...that'd pick me and carry me off....damn!! Hope it passes thru at the speed it's blowing. Slam dunk and gone. One thing tho, it'll dry everything out. Yesterdays wind dried things up enough that the horses weren't nervous about coming thru the corral. They don't like standing water that they can't see the bottom...they don't trust it to be shallow....and in the corral it's black water. Dried up manure (not the fresh), soaks up water like a sponge...then when it freezes, it adds little nodules of traction to hang onto...thought today I'd buy 5 or 6 big sacks of cat litter, and really pour it to the hill, and under the eave of their barn...let it soak up the water standing under there, then when it freezes it's built in sandpaper for traction. Our warm weather is supposed to leave us over the weekend, and I'm glad to see it go. Last night we had a skiff of snow, then it turned to rain....YUK.

It IS sad about the fate of horses....but I'd rather see them in the auction ring going for slaughter, than some asshole turning them loose in the forests to fend for themselves (that's what has happened around here when they banned slaughter in the US)....I'm one of the rare horse lovers that is glad they've opened up horse slaughter again in the states. None of MY horses would ever go there, however Smile....but it's a hard decision to take in a stray cat, let alone a stray horse. My horseshoer ended up with 8 horses two years ago....horses he found in the woods starving that people had dumped in the State Forest. They were all broke, and he gave two away in the spring (youngsters)....and sold 4 after he tested them out....2 he kept, because he really liked them after he'd tested them out. $18 for a bale of hay pretty much puts horses into the realm of "for the very rich"....damn!

Greg and I are going to the Alkathon this year....I haven't had a New Years Eve off in years and years...an Alkathon is a 24 hour meeting...but it's such social gathering....I'm sure I'll see folks I haven't seen in a decade or more....since I dropped off the radar the minute I started working nights....It'll be fun for me (Greg gets enough socialization, that he's not needy for it like me Smile).

I think one of my resolutions this year will be change my hair style. Gawd, I'd give anything to have short, short, short....wash and wear (dry in minutes) kinda hair....just got to get over my ears sticking out....LOL. (do we ever outgrow crap like this???)....but I want "boy's hair"....no more perms...my hair would like that, too, I think....course there'd only be 1/2" of hair left to like the lack of perms...ha!

I did my shower today, too.... Smile Greg said "wait till tomorrow, you can go into the New Year all squeaky clean"....LOL....what a dink! He thinks it's awful that I only take 2...and sometimes 3 (rarely) showers a week....but they make me itch, dammit...especially in the winter.

So...time to take Moj for a jaunt in the slush....then do dishes, and pick up shit around here while Greg is gone doing my car.

p
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:00 pm

excellent that yall will be able to get out together and hang out with friends !!!! The winds were suppose to start this afternoon and last into Saturday afternoon but so far it's been calm and the snow is really melting off. I can see the road clearly .. It's muddy as all get out,, but if the winds hit hard it will dry it completely in a couple of hours and with the snow already melted away from the main parts of the roads it wont get muddy again..

Be fun to change things up a bit for the new years... and if you don't like the shorter hair cut well it always grows back.. I really like the longer straight hair, it's easy to care for don't have to curl it with a hot iron or blow dry it... just pop it up with a stick and go, and instant curls and waves when I take it down. Send me a pick when you get it done..

game plan for the year is to continue with my fitness.. work more on my BB coaching..

I truly feel you would like the slim in 6 program,,one of the best selling program for the sucess and getting started, droping lbs, and toning up , comes with the strength training bands, and is not an expensive program.. Buying through me it's a no hassel money back garuntee .. Give it some thought.. you can't loose... Very Happy

will do a full year of skin peels really wanted all the really expensive fancy creams to do something, but I can't say I was overly impressed for the extra cost.. But the skin peels are making progress doing the 10/30% peel every 14 days... I wish I cold do the every day 10% peel with it to speed it up, but right now without constant water I just don't do it. will keep the hyaluronic moisturizer and mix it with my castor oil and olive oil.. (that is doing an awesome job after the peels)

Am 100% with you for them re opening up the us slaughter houses for the horse.. The horror of what those horse had to go through being shipped to Mexico with no one there to look after that they were treated humainly or died humainly. I remember when they shut the us slaughter houses and and all the videos of how they were just tortured and made daily sport of killing them. Agree it's better they not in a feild starving..

for that itchy winter skin,,, get you a misting bottle and mix some olive oil and castor oil in it.. then spray your skin when it is still wet coming out of the shower or apply it while your in the shower after you rinse your soap off,, really get the oils on your skin rubbed in with the water.. My skin stay so soft even after not bathing for two weeks lol lol .. I like using the oils for deep cleaning better then using soap..

Beautiful day Geese all out in the melting snow pools having a blast.... Robert got out this morning first thing.. I left him a text at 2 am that it was cold and everything was firmed up.. He found it about 4am and packed up and left..

Water turned right on no problems,, soaked in the tub for over an hour lol lol lol .. love love love it... guess I am squeaky clean too... Had purchased the small washing machine so will get it hooked up and do a couple of loads of laundry tomorrow... (awesome) Think it will stay warm for awhile with a few dips here and here but non of the single digits for awhile... a full week would be nice at least to break the winter blues....

Have a wonderful wonderful time at the your party !!!!!!
Hugs....

PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum