so the snow

Go down

so the snow

Post  PatriciafromCO on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:45 am

well ,, don't think it was the 2.5 inches they forcast for us saying we were going to be on the fringe.. Funny how you get a feel for weather patterns, no doubt in my mind waking up this morning that it was going to be more then 2.5 inches lol lol .. you could just feel it in the pattern of the weather moving in when I woke up..

Was a late start getting out into town,, hit and miss on supplies but got what was there to get..It had already started to snow as I was leaving town,, fast icing on the interstate but no trouble getting home and getting everything put away (though it was nasty blinding snow and wind getting back to the house, still was worth baring and grinning it for the supplies I had gotten..

The snow drifts lol we kept looseing Adele completely lol .. GSD's hop and skip through the deepness of the snow.. Guess mastiffs just plow right through it and bury themselves completely .. thank goodness for the extra height of pointed ear tips still sticking through the snow lol .. Adele so silly she having a blast in it..

it's wet, and icy cold with a strong wind beating it into you..not my cup of tea...

see the house past me is cursed.. When it was set up and the first owner moved it,, it rained and rained and rained, then snowed and snowed and snowed from the second month she was there and she abandoned the property to live in Pueblo to be near her nursing job.. The skys cleared up and she came back and within a month it snowed and snowed and snowed she got stuck and struggled ever day to get in and out... At the two year point she couldn't stand it any longer and left for good, never to return to live there..

3 years of perfect weather, then a nurse moved in with her mother, and within a month it rained and rained and then snowed and snowed.. She struggled for 2 years then left..

again the house was empty for 3 years, then the last neighbors moved in and within a month it rained and rained and rained and snowed and snowed and snowed.. And you know and have seen his vehicle handy work and troubles... 2 years they move out

new couple moves in and here we are after of month of living there it snow and snow and now again snowing.....

so funny that when that house is empty the weather is just so perfect for years...

lol ..

hope your night is calmer... pirat
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: so the snow

Post  PatriciafromCO on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

PS they have closed I-25 from Pueblo all the way to the NM boarder.. gosh that 2.5 inches of snow is just deadly lol lol ... Duffus weather people.... make a huge crazy over a storm that doesn't even reach us.. but for the ones that bomb on us,, they up to the last minute telling us oh it wont be much... lol
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 pm

So how much snow did you end up getting?? LOL @ Adele, maybe it's just BIG dogs that plow thru it, huh? I've never seen Moj hop, skip or jump.....he just uses his strength and weight to go thru snow....course, he couldn't hop, skip or jump, anyway...ha!

I'm going to brave downtown tomorrow....Greg hasn't devulged what he wants, and when I leave he'll get his going once, going twice....GONE.....either decide now, or wait till after Xmas. I'm NOT going into that mess but one time.

Haven't accomplished much tho for having the days off....I've been cooking...gawd forbid (don't want anybody to get too used to that)....walking and playing with Moj. Haven't seen Keven, hope he's still alive.

Tom the renter brought down Xmas cookies yesterday (first I heard him up there vacuming)...then putzing around, then the cookies appeared. Later in the evening he brought down a big plate of home made french fries for Greg. Greg said to him...."Damn Tom, with all the cleaning and cooking, I might have to start fucking ya"....LOL. It wouldn't have been so funny, except Tom has spent half his life in prison, where that happens all the time....

Glad you got your supplies in before the snow, so you can just kick back...do the chores and not worry....phew!!

p
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://patandphran.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 am

around 15 inches then 4 to 5ft of drifts lol .... expecting another round tomorrow to run through here.. maybe another 5 to 6 inches.. Maybe maybe I pull out the tractor in the next couple of days and get some of the deep areas cleared off the road.. LOL MAYBE lol ... it's all light fluffy snow the kind that just evaporates with sun and wind.. Don't know if it's worth the trouble since it will just slowly shrink down..

Since stepping in and help J learn to just play for fun with Adele and praising her with hugs and laughter for trying doing it right.. She and Adele are really starting to make up their own games together.. Still J likes to win lol.. lol... but she is pausing and giving Adele chances to almost win lol lollol .... it's endearing for me to see J letting go of her hard independent (what other dogs, we have other dogs, really, hadn't noticed lol ) type self.. Adele so much follows J and does what J does to include the mawling of the cat sleeping on the edge of the futon before they go outside.. Poor Chewy.... he's not impressed, but J has laid down the laws to Adele about it's J's cat, she can play with Chewy too, but do it right... lol lol lol ...

when I think of them as being the last two with me, out living the others for many years.. It feels good for the company I will have.. If I bring any more in with J and Adele, after the others have past, it will be two at the same time or just a year apart.. I could do either GSD's or corso's

Stay safe x mass shopping.. If Gregs tells you what he wants when you survive and get back.. Just write it down on a piece of paper and wrap it in a box (santa IOU and that ideal gift x mass 2012) lol lol lol ....

lol on the cookie for sex scandle going on up stairs lol ... lol ... and do hope Keven is ok too, just keep sending out the best of thoughts for him.. that the best happens for him..

feels good to have the supplies up, was a late start getting things done and me just being me have already put everyone on food ration portions.. lessons learned you always be caucious when you have a limited amount even when it's more then you would need in a short time,, some times short times have suddenly turned into longer...

hugs your way !!! enjoy your rest days,, nothing is a good things when your busy busy busy most of the time...

PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Sounds to me like J is a TRUE Police Dog....she even polices other dogs....LOL.

Braved downtown and got it done. Greg saved me from having to run around to different places just to get Gift cards....he can be SO smart. What hell is the difference between a Gift Card, and a $50 bill? Well, for one thing, when you have $2.38 left on a card, the store pretty much gets to keep it for nothing. So I went to the bank and got the bills instead. Wiped out 6 gifts in one stop!!!

Greg settled on a .22 rifle...the sporting goods store is right next to Shopko, so after I got my great nephews toy there, I just bopped into the Snappy Sports and picked up a gun. Never bought a gun before, sure is a LOT of paperwork to do when one buys a gun. Laughed at some of the questions on the paperwork....Like "Are you a futitive from justice?"....If I was, would I be honest...LOL....nope!

Greg went to an AA meeting so I wrapped everything. Now all I have to do is stuff the bills into individual cards, and my Xmas shit is done.

p

PS...When Greg was himming and hawing over what he wanted, and was listing things off...one of the things he said was a Tom Tom Smile....Now I don't know if he's been snooping in my room, or if he really wanted one....none the less, I'm glad I bought it.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:02 am

Glad you made it there and back ok ... can't imagine what the outside world looks like right now lol... Razz (are you a fugitive from justice P alien ) lol ... too funny thinking someone might check yes lol ol llol makes me wonder too if Greg was doing the 12 year old sneaking around for what santa bought and had stashed away.. MEN lol lol ... they think they so sneaky lollol ...

snow is coming down and it will continue all through the day... last I saw they had upped the numbers to a solid 10 inches and not sure what I heard for the last report but it sounded like he said 28 inches,, lol but that can't be right ... lol lol ... will have to wait until the morning news to really see if that is what I heard or not.. it is deep outside the dogs are having a blast and it isn't that cold or windy so it's realy nice and peaceful standing out in the light falling snow near the yard light with the glow of the white snow around you... something very still about snow in a nice way... it's very fluffy will be easy to move with the tractor, will wait to see if the wind doesn't pick up and blow it off the road before I put any labor into messing with it..

Faye is in heat, and Ra is happy to have his box ( aka the closet with no door on it with a baby gate infront of it) so that is what is going on here.. found one of the ducks, crazy little birds are climbing the hay stack and this one must of gotten suck between bales and unfortunetly died.. Not being disrespectful I did throw the decessed duck down to the dogs and Porter was happy for the prize.. You know you have accomplished something for being an authority figure to this pack when you tell the other dogs to leave it and not to take it from Porter who is parading around the other dogs with the duck in his mouth and actually teasing the other dogs of lookie what I have... And though the other dogs want to take it from Porter just me saying , don't take they refrain from trying,, even Adele follow suit of just following Porter and not attempting to snatch it... I told Porter it was time to take it to his kennel in the barn where he would n't be teasing the rest of the dogs parading around and shoving it in their faces... And he would be safe to settle down to eat the duck and get it over with... So am walking with Porter at my side back to the barn with all the other dogs in tow lol lol but all keeping thier manners about it being Porters .....

gosh I must be doing something right to have 8 dogs do so well in this situation.. lol ...

hugs your way need to kick everyone off my Bed so I can go to sleep.. Adele is really good about getting off and I leave a space at the foot of the bed for her to come back on when I finish straigthening the blankets for me.. She loves to cuddle and I would miss her if she weren't there.. I feel if allowing her to sleep cuddled up to me will make her a bad agressive disrepectful dog from all the protesting I get over it when I said she did.. OH Well so be it lol lol .... If she is a hot mess in the end , well she will be my hot mess and I love her lol lol ..

not worth my effort anymore trying to explain where leadership to the dogs come from and that it's not one demential of a single act of who goes out the door way first, or is on the furniture etc etc etc... Its the full picture of interaction , and what it consit of as a whole..

will go to bed and hug my smooshie face.. Very Happy

PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:11 am

finally after almost 24 hours, it has stopped drizzling snow lol ... knee to waist deep .. think I will get the tractor and push it far far away so when it melts it wont keep the ground around the house and drive way soaking wet and muddy... Haven't checked the road, am sure you be able to drive through it , it's very fluffly but when it starts to melt it will be a muddy mess for the amount of snow on the ground with the 50 degree days that will come next week...

try to get out before the warm weather sets in and top off supplies for the melt..

2nd week of P90X2 much better for the balance moves like doing push ups on the stabilty ball and doing one sided weight on the stability ball one arm on the stability ball, raising the other arm with a weight while in a pushup position lol lol .. first week I couldn't keep the ball from rolling and dumping me off the top.. better control this week... it's fun.. Suspect
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:21 pm

OMG...knee deep is deep....waist deep, HOLY SHIT!! Fluffy or not, you don't need to do your P90X2, you'll be massively exercised just walking to the barn...LOL. I really think I'm too old for that shit anymore...just knowing you're doing it makes me shudder.

So who says letting your doggie sleep with you is bad? There sure is a lot of dogs sleeping with their mistresses/masters in this world. I think it's only a problem, when they decide it's THEIR bed, and you have to ask their permisssion to get on it...tongue I don't see that happening at your house. LOL @ Porter and his duck...course he'd have to show it off, and let everybody know what their missing. GSD's have such a distinctive look when they are flaunting something....twinkle in the eye, prancy feet...lookie lookie at me!

So tonight is the big do for our family...dragging my butt out of bed at 5:15 was HARD this morning, and I suspect it will be harder tomorrow. Damn these day shifts throw my bod for a loop. My mind can't comprehend an alarm clock...My neighbors brought over gifts last night...and Michelle and Anika wanted me to open mine SO BAD while they were there. I couldn't believe it. A beautiful pic of Greg and I on our horses....they blew it up to 12" x 18"....BIG....the only truly photogenic occupant of the pic is Waylon, but I didn't care...it was such a nice gesture. I'm even going to hang it in the living room...tho I look ugly as sin, since it's obvious I hadn't done my hair or makeup, and I was talking or something (face all griminced)...LOL....it's still a great picture! Greg got covers for the handle bars on his four wheeler so his hands don't freeze when he's plowing...For Xmas Greg got my oil changed, car washed...and next week is getting the radiator flushed....for me, that is a GREAT gift...I hate cars, and sometimes they're frigging needy...ha! An "action" gift....love it!

Basically the only thing different about this day (and tomorrow) from any other day of the year, is Greg will have a wonderful dinner... Smile. All I'm responsible for is bringing Pumpkin icecream...that's pretty darn easy (and fair, since both sisters like to cook...and are home to do it....while I'm at the salt mine).

This would have been a nice quiet day if we didn't have the Idaho bunch...they've been quiet for 2 weeks (so quiet, that two of the dispatchers discussed the possibility that the new outage system might not be working). But today, they have been constant....guess their new system works just fine.

So....that's the long and short of it here.

p
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:45 pm

glad you had a wonderful time.. does sound like such a nice gift to have of yall and the horses..

Got the tractor going and it died out on me.. not sure what to think.. had it all these years in the worst of temps so it seems funny that now the desiel would do some sort of gel thing because I didn't put a treatment in there for the winter... ???? I have never put treatment in the tractor and it has never gel'd the desiel in it not even during that 3 month blizzard.. so it's strange that it was just fine the last snow and now it sounds like it' has water in the fuel... It's not a locked fuel tank..... letting it dry out in the sun the next couple of days and will check it again to see... It was barried over the top from the snow fall and it was running then started bonking out until it just died..

so got out and hand dug out the driving and gate areas by hand .. no biggy went quick and better get it done right away before it melts and freezes hard underneath... yes am very happy I am in good physical condition that I was able to get it all done in a few hours without having to stop. 60ft by 30 or 40 ft went really easy.. am thankful Smile

Think with a couple of days of shrinkage from the sun I should be able to drive right out of here no trouble come monday. pick up some supplies to carry me through the mud after the melt. And be happy to enjoy how pretty it is and quiet...

Had to laugh about you talking about Idaho, that maybe the responder was broken for not hearing from them that anything was broken lol .. too funny...

quiet day here everyone is snowed day out, especially me.. am ready for a nap... Go fix me a protien shake and see how my body feels when I wake up and realizes what I was doing all day to it lol lol ...

hugs
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down