fed the raven

Go down

fed the raven

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:24 pm

silly rabbit jumped down in the cistrin and drown ,, so it out and gave it to the dogs to eat.. Ra was nawing away on it and the Raven showed up purched up on the yard light outside the barn.. Was happy to see him then just sense to look over and see Ra with that rabbit not too far off from the yard light.. So I got the rabbit Ra had half eaten and went to throw it over the fence into the pasture.. LOL it didn't go too far and felt it was not a good place for the raven to come back to eat it.. So I went and got it and was carrining it down the drive way towards the other side of the road where grader is.. I gave a couple of sharp whistles and the Raven came flying from up the road over me and just past me to land on the ground.. held up the half rabbit and let it lob onto the ground on an open space cleared of snow.. And walked back home.. Interesting little bird, called his friend then they hopping instead of flying over to where the rabbit was and hopping all around it .. Maybe they lol thought it was a trick lol lol ... Once I saw they knew it was there I stopped watching and came back in the house...

Pretty cool that once I started whistling the Raven came off his purch from up the road (a good 35 acs away) and flew right over me calling... Gosh I hope it doesn't seal my soul to the devil or anything like that lollol .... I'll take the Indian side of foke lore over the Americans concerning the meaning of Ravens ....
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: fed the raven

Post  Admin on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:44 am

Well, Mr. Raven is smart enough....he'll figure out fast if you feed him regular...that you're good for grub. I wonder if you did this often, if you'd be able to get him to come close, or even follow you around. I don't think ravens are evil (Egar Allen Poe set the stage for a bad name for Ravens...LOL).... they're just a bird who fits into the eco-system...a part of the food hierarchy....honest injun Smile. What an opportunity, tho...to get to know them, understand them. I'd love that!! I wish birds didn't scare me, or I'd get one...cuz they facinate me...they are SO SMART!!

When I left last night, I think Moj was maybe trying to go into a spell. He peed REALLY pencily, but it was 11:15, and a Valium would be wasted...so I gave him 125 mg's of Rimadyl, in hopes that would hit any inflammation and make for a non-spell morning when I get home. Greg has an obsession with the deck...sweeping snow and frost off of it, and Moj LOVES snow shoveling...I really didn't think it added to much coming off the deck, but that could be what caused this...I might just get home and he's fine, too. He sure hasn't done anything big to cause a spell, so it should be a short one.

This is going to be a busy weekend. I've got to clean house when I get home, cuz Julie and Taylor are flying in today, and will be stopping by this afternoon for a little while. Then tomorrow, Julie and Taylor will spend the whole day (maybe I am old, ALL day with a 4 year old makes for a long day)...I think it makes a difference when "step" is part of the equation. Greg loves it, but they are blood...and I swear it makes a difference...I don't have that ultimate "tie"...the blood tie....but I do a pretty good job of faking it. Julie wants to do something in the snow, since they don't get it much in Seattle...maybe go sledding, or ice skating...we dont' have any snow either, so that means heading for the hills. It's been cold enough for skating, but I don't know if they've been keeping the rink cleared off at the city park. I have ice skates, but haven't tried them on for a decade...do I really want to risk a hip on a one day trip to the rink??? YIKES...things I didn't have to think about only 5 years ago.

Ras didn't get Bear to the Vet in time....when it was time to take him, he wouldn't get up...so Mike tried to pick him up...Bear started screaming, had a convulsion and died on the kitchen floor...Oh brother!! Ras said two weeks ago that he'd pretty much quit eating, only desiring water....and that his tummy was all bloated up....Gee, what does that tell ya?? Possible tumor going on in there?? Poor pup....You and I are different than some others on this. I never get why anyone would wait till the last possible minute...how do they watch an old animal suffer for two weeks, before thinking "VET"?? Things might have been different if Ras was in control of the wallet...Mike is tight with everybody but himself when it comes to money....he probably saw a gun he wanted so held off on helping Bear out. I gotta toughen up, stuff like this makes me feel sick.

So...I come back to work on Friday...work the weekend...then have 5 days off!! Xmas is going to be hell, tho. Work 8 to 4, then off to my sister's for Xmas Eve...somewhere in there, I've got to give Moj some exercise...then up early for another 8 to 4 on Sunday...then back at midnight on Sun night. Moj is going to be a shit by Monday morning, for lack of exercise or attention...I am neurotic aren't I?? Smile

p
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://patandphran.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:17 pm

The Ravens have always been around since I was younger.. I was so astonished reading that Ravens are rare to see ???? When I started walking they were always coming along a well as when I was driving.. Guess what I saw the other day coming back from town.. The Eagle.. I haven't seen the Eagle for 6 years. So happy to see him after so long. Use to purch on the Electric pole at the front of the property.. (am sure that is where some of my cats went the Eagle and the big Barn owl.. mmmmmmm.. Evil or Very Mad lol was joking about the soul and the devil lol .. The mag pies are the only birds I have sensed ill will about there nature.. Don't get that awful ill will sense from the other birds not even the buzzards. There is a presence to everything.. My problem with Humans is I don't follow my gut hard enough, always think I can handle it and just stay clear from them.. Next time I should just get it over with and cuss them out to f-off right after they say hello What a Face

over all I thought it was cool that the first time I tried to call by whistling he immediately took flight heading in my direction, flew over me and landed not too far away.. he does have a mate am sure that is why sometimes I feel shure it's Oliver and other times I don't feel it. Am sure the size is different if I really focus on looking.

see you have developed a sixth sense towards Mojo,, especially for seeing the tiniest changes in his behaviors and expressions then know to the timing of what to do , which is really cool don't you think.. all that eye and brain straining all these years has paid off !!!!

do feel it makes a difference for blood and not blood... It's how I feel about the sheps. Total natural feel to those connected to each other and then bringing in chesca, and J... Adele I have no family history to sense for.. hehehehehehe all day with a 4 year old lol lol .. not even when I was younger did I think that was a treat... lol ...

Hugs for Ras,,, how awful for her with all she has been through.. Not so awful for Bear,, Being through so many extended elderly losses.. death runs it course in a slow shut down system matically, always starts with sleeping more, then eating less, it's slow not to be painful or shocking or stressful when it naturally runs it course to falling asleep and they pass... PTS is a force shut down and the body fights to stop it.. But natural shut down is calm.. He was really close to falling alseep one night and just passing away on his own.. stopping eating as the body is prepareing to let go is not the same as being hungrey and starving to death. If you can understand that.

yay for your days off.. let me know if you go bust your butt on the ice lol lol ... I live in Colorado but I don't ski lol ... Am clumpsy enough walking on dry flat earth .. don't need to add steep slope , silppery ice, and no breaks lollol

hugs

PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 am

Well, he didn't have a spell going this morning. The Rimadyl had all night to do it's magic (unlike the Valium which is only good for 2 hours, so would have done no good last night). Was brushing him tonight, and he's got two more of those growths like he had removed last summer....one on each back leg. Hmmmm....will watch them, and if they're slow growing, won't worry about it too much....always something, I swear!

Julie and Tay came here this afternoon for a while....a primer for their full day tomorrow....It was wild enough for the 3 hours tonight, I'm thinking....gawd give me patience!! Moj adores Taylor tho....he is so good with her....plays with her (but I gotta watch her, so she doesn't start throwing shit wildly...like his toys and balls)....Can't see having her 10 minutes of "fun" turn into my 8 to 16 hours of trying to pee the dog. I just read this over and I am really sounding like a cranky old lady....I'm so tired tonight, I'm feeling like one, too....LOL.

Greg is in bed.....so is Moj....so I'm going to get my headphones on, and see what's on TV that will knock me out quick....tomorrow's going to be a big day. (a LOOOOONG day to be precise).

p
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://patandphran.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:54 am

sounds good ,, all quiet here.. the temps got up higher then they thought and the water man came just in time before the road completely turned to mush.. So we set,, what ever weather was on it's way is falling apart before it gets here.. cold temps at night but decent warm and full sun through the weekend... Very Happy """ chilling hugging puppies and stuff like that... Adele fell asleep cradled in my arms on her back, head kicked back over my arm with a toy still clinched in her mouth.. lol lol lol lol... didn't help that it was a silly big eye, big grin Monkey toy lol lol lol lol ...

Glad Mojo passed through ok... have some good "you" time and hope tomorrow runs smoothly even if it's long....
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down