still too cold

Go down

still too cold

Post  PatriciafromCO on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Still too cold to kick the house pump back on,, the nights are still in the lower teens even though like to day it was nice sunny and warm at almost 50 degrees.. So I took the hose using the sump pump and while in the process of topping off the bird tanks,, I did my hair and did another peel treatment to my face.. The inside of the barn was really warm, water was still icy cold but tolerable to get what I needed done.. no worse for ware and feel squeeky clean again.. If we hit another warm spell will turn the water back on to the house if not will survive think I will look for one of those portable electric water heaters.. So that is how my day went lol ....
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: still too cold

Post  Admin on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:43 am

I tried to write you from work last night, but the new computer would only let me have one screen....I love it when they get new stuff and I'm on the night shift with nobody to call for help. I ended up starting the old computer up (thank gawd they left it hooked up on the other side of the room), so I could run NLI and ours at the same time....gaaaaaa! I was having a fit, new operating system on ours....and a new outage system on NLI's all in the same night....then one hand tied behind my back because of only one monitor.

Brrrrrrrrr....it's cold here, too!! No snow, tho....but I sure noticed the 15 degree drop this morning....it was 5 when I came home. Checked to make sure my tank heater is working (nervous about that, cuz we've been using the same one for about 8 years. Last year I bought a new one thinking that this one might take a dump on me....but no. So I do have one stashed, but if the tank is full of a solid block of ice, it could be trouble.

Have I mentioned how much I dislike winter? LOL....Oh, I guess I probably have (Greg keeps telling me that I need to take up a winter sport...........I DOUBT THAT WILL HAPPEN!!!). So thinks around here are just the way I like them.....nothing happening....yep, boring is GOOD!

p
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://patandphran.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Hugs for the working gal !!!!!!!

was able to get into town only iffy spot was getting up the first hill (lol only hill) towards the ravine.. it's just a smooth sheet of ice going straight up.. It ruffled my confidence right at the start... Ice under neath with powder loose snow on top. Made my rounds loaded down with 50lb backs.. decided not to go too heavy because a good weight would help me and too my bottom heavy could cause me problems.. Forgot coming back in that hill is more of a gradual upslop on the other side.. So it was no trouble at all.

Have to hit walmart tomorrow to pick up my little washer and dryer.. And I did find several nice looking barn water heaters online.. Have to remember now my winter starts through June.. If the temps never go up for long periods of time I wont turn the house water back on.. Have a nice hot shower in the barn will be nice..

Animals are waitting on me... lol ... I will surely hear the complaints lollol lol...
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:10 am

They have water heaters for barns? At first I thought you were talking about tank heaters, and I was thinking...good gawd, you'll freeze your boobies off....LOL. So I looked. Wow...I didn't know they existed. I know you're used to the weather getting bad, then popping back up into the 50's or warmer for a bit....but damn...you're right, you might bump into a winter where it stays cold for weeks...Do you turn it off because it freezes in the pipes under the house? (trying to remember...the mice, right?)...That's tough living, not having water in the house....I'll bet that water in the barn closed up your pores...ha! Yikes!

Greg has the shop SO organized he put two boats in there yesterday...side by side!! Smile Amazing! he can park both the tractor and the four wheeler in front of them with room to spare. The one think he did that really made the place look good, tho...was clean up the dirt floor....that seemed to be the finishing touch....even tho it's still dirt, it's cleaned up dirt.

Keven got drunk...the deal was that if he got drunk he'd have to leave...but it was SO damned cold, and as far as I can tell it only lasted one day...so he's still here. I was PISSED. I went into our little 5th wheel, and he's been using a tiny propane heater. He had a plastic cooler sitting about 4 inches from it...melting...and on closer look, he'd already cooked the other side of it. I told him, I'm not going to have him burning up our 5th wheel....probably the shed right next to it....and if it blew up the propane tanks, burn up our house, too. So now I'm not comfortable having him living in it at all. Greg's still on the fence about what to do for him. He's such an isolationist, he hasn't made any friends....he's a nice guy, so everybody likes him....but nobody knows him really, so it's unlikely someone else will be taking him in. He'd be homeless in the dead of winter, if Greg boots him. I really don't know what to do. To live in the homeless shelter, ya have to be sober....to go to this ranch in Ovando (for drunks and homeless men)...you have to be sober, plus it's VERY Christian, so an ear-banging at every turn is in store. It's a quandry what to do with him. He was lucky Greg didn't pack up his shit and move him to the Alano Club parking lot.

Ah, but that was yesterday...and yesterday's gone...right?? Smile Moj being very mellow the last couple of days. It's enjoyable, but at the same time a little unnerving....like is he sick?? No...he's eating and drinking and pooping and peeing....just having a quiet day.

p
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:54 am

PS...ya know what. I went to put the outcome of Moj chasing those two dogs into my "MoJo Diary"....and was reading back. the last REAL spell he had was September 12th...can you believe that?? He's had partials ever since. Spells that lasted at the longest a couple hours. That's damn near 3 months!! Shocked
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:00 am

This is one of the nicer places for ideas that I have found.
www.hotcampshowers.com/eccotemp_tankless_water_heaters

there is a product called hott wash, but I can't find alot of reviews on it and it makes me wonder why?
www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=DD042EED-C2DD-463F-AE21-CC27A028919B&item=35888&ccd=IASE0001&utm_source=Amazon&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=35888

it's because the pipes will freeze under and in the house.. the house was never sealed off from the start when it was put up.. And I just get tired of worrying about it.

Yay for Greg getting the barn all nice !!! that sounds awesome P !!! Bumber about Kevin hope it works out and he will be able to pull it together.

glad for a otherwise quiet day.. What a Face

get my butt into Walmart get the stuff picked up and then sit back and see how the snow melts. it shouldn't be that bad since the night temps will keep the ground frozen... should still be passible for awhile.

PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:03 am

awsome P !!!! all the good stuff your feeding Moj and the fact you are helping stopping the continues damage by easing off the spells... hopeing his body is getting the opportunity to heal and rewire... You may be a virgo worry wart,, but it's what Moj needed for someone to look after him..
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:42 pm

doing happy dance !!!!! made there and back just fine.... Nice warm day almost 40 with the full sun.. the road should be a slosh pot by monday and I don't care lol lollol ....
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:43 am

Dammit...I still don't have the hang of this Win 7...I just lost a long one!

The hot water thing looks really cool....I'm trying to figure out how the temp that comes out the sprayer is regulated. If the water in the tank is 135°, where does the the cold water come in so you don't scald yourself? I could use something like this to give Moj and annual bath, since I can't do it in the lake anymore. Our well water stays SO cold, even in the summer....it's too intense for a whole bath.

YEAH for you getting in and out!! You can still get a high doing the "run" for animal groceries, without having to get it constantly with the need for hay. Just the perfect amount of excitment...LOL.

Did I tell you Jess is for sure moving to Colorado Springs? Her fiance did the same number on her that he's done twice before, and I think she's finally got the picture...that this is who he is (at least for now, at 18 years old)...and to go back would just get her more of the same. She and her mom are going to the Springs in January to pick out an apartment.

Ras is having Bear put down on Monday....he can't get up the two steps to get into the house...he can't control his bladder...he's just having all sorts of problems....and he's 14. Now I hope she has the good sense to just have one dog...one GSD...cuz with her health problems, it was a stupid move to get Greta....then spend the next 4 years whining about how she won't settle, she constanly barks, she paces, because she doesn't get any exercise...when Ras herself can hardly get out of a wheelchair. Gawd, I've been wanting to say THAT out loud for a long time....LOL.

Joy's company got bought out, so she's been having to get training for the last 2 weeks (with one week more to go)....it's like 300 miles away from home...so every Sunday, she takes off for Charlotteville...and comes back on Friday.

Only hear from Donna2 now, on FB...Kim is still trying to get Tank's seizures regulated. He had two last week, so they put him on Potassium Bromide along with the Phenobarbitol...they have found nothing that could even remotely be a trigger.

Sending a hug to Adlele....gawd she's a neat looking dog....what a mug on her....LOL. Just about ready to get out of here.

p
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:20 am

interesting news around the world your way lo Ha !!!! Glad everything is settled down for the groups and everyone is moving on in their own lives.. Feel for Jess , do hope she has learned to stay away from guys until she is set herself up in her own career.. She didn't call me the last time she was in , left a message a few days after she left. Was ok with me,, it's a long trip to the Springs anyway, so it was nice not having that obligation.. just hope she does well and knows I would make the trip if she needed help in anyway.. Very Happy

got an hour of kick boxing last night .. have some boxing gloves now so I could do some wall punching (not hard) but better for focus hitting one spot.. Was fun.. Got up made myself drink 8oz of water trying to work up to drinking a full 16oz right after I get up to rehydrate my body in the morning.. ick lol ... 8oz is enough for right now.. the boxing bag will be here next week.

was able to get 6oz protien/green smoothie in me this morning before working out, again ick for getting anything in me first thing in the morning is just awful... then did an hour of step training on 3 risers with hand weights.. then finished the other 6 oz of the smoothie.. My issue is I don't eat enough to progress.. I get worn out and lack motivation , start slacking off with workouts, just spinning my wheels with no progress.. So trying a new approach of still not eating enough, but at least adding 1/3 more intake to start.. and try more as time goes on.

got a tazer am so excited , it looks like brass knuckles makes it comfortable to hold while jogging and it can't be knocked or taken out of my hand. has something like 950,000,000 volts to it !!!!!! going to start running again next spring want to start the younger dogs with me, and I will be ready to handle the neighbor and his dog at ingrids house.. Poor goats use to love to come with me until the neighbor kept sending his dog out after them now they don't want to leave the property at all... just going to be prepared to stand my ground.. was looking at a mace gun and having a 25ft range,, but too iffy for it getting on us too using it... Had CS gas and mace in my face for military training and it hurts... Like the model of this tazer unit...

suns out.... will be warm for several day until next weekend... get some stuff done right lol lol lol ...

hugs your way !!!!
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:33 am

Is this the new neighbor who asked about the grater on the road, that you might have to Tazz?? (or the one who was stealing hay??) DAMN!! You do live in a bad "neighborhood"...Razz . How close do they have to get to use that thing?? Can ya turn down the voltage (ya wouldn't want to stop the guy's heart)...

So....you're getting a boxing bag, huh? Boxing really does look like good exercise for upper body strength, tho that footwork has to build the lower body, too....You've been so disciplined on the exercise (I mean...really....you've been doing it religiously for a LONG time!!)...I admire that. I was pretty sure you weren't punching holes in your sheetrock...LOL.

Greg kicked Keven out yesterday...well, not kicked him out per se....just that Keven hasn't bothered to sober up, and had called another AA friend to take him to the hospital to get sober. Greg told him when he gets out, he's not coming back here...that obviously giving him a place to land isn't helping him. So Greg gathered all his stuff up, and got it ready for Keven to figure out what to do with it when he gets out of the treatment place. Keven is one of those folks who is looking for "magic"...instead of accepting that there is self-work involved in getting sober. He packs his AA toolbox everywhere, but refuses to open it up and use any of the tools. Like number one rule (IF you really want to stay sober (one day at a time)....BEFORE you go get a jug of Vodka, you call somebody....He had to walk right by Greg in the barn to go get his jug. Well, that says to me that he has very little "wanna" going...unless it's easy. And maybe to him, it would take getting hit by a truck on the way to the liquor store...you know, a "sign" that God didn't want him to drink...Smile. Anyway, when he gets out of Pathways, he'll truly be homeless...in the dead of winter in Montana....HOLY SHIT. You'd think simple "survival" might have kept him sober till spring.

Anyway, it's getting close to quitting time...tonight will be Friday number 1....YES!! Gawd, I hate living for my weekends...no wonder time flies by, I'm always looking into the future..

p
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:58 am

Its an old neighbor, his house is to the North of me, he's the one that was jumping out of his house shoot across the road in front of me as I was trying to drive pass to go home. The one that was on my second property with his tractor and cused me out with the F-bombs, And trying to yank a truck out of the mud that was buried down pass it's frame using the electric pole.. And started sending his dog out when me and the goats were walking back to the house after passing his house with no dog outside.. Explosive temper.. I stopped at his house while driving past and saw him hauling water for his cistrins, that was the first time meeting him and just wanted to let him know there was a guy who delivered water and if he had his number or not (everything was nice and pleasent).Then all the other events afterwards with rage out of him ????????? So what ever impression he gained or information he was given was from some place else.?????

for the tazer you have to have body contact.. Which in a way is good.. proves I was in imediatnt personal danger to need to use it..

So sorry about Keven, am glad you can dish out tough love and mean it.. Do think it's better to let them run their own course and concequences for it so they will learn why it's worth staying on track.. Agree it doesn't help when they are enabled by no consequences to their behaviors. Do wish him the best....

yeah !!!! Friday !!!!! nice relaxing for you !!!!!

Getting fit has been solid since Aug 09, have had my slack get lazy can't pull it together moments, been a learning process that is caused by not eating enough.. really pulls the body down when you don't eat right.. chalk it up to learning and getting myself through it. Boxing is going to be fun being able to really hit something... Gosh what a release that is going to be for me !!!!!!

hugs your way...
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:53 am

Was he trying to get the truck out of the mud when he dropped the F bombs?? I was just thinking how "man-like"...curse/yell at the wrench, the tractor, the truck....like the fault belongs to a unthinking piece of steel....yell at all passers by, or help givers...as fault must be partly theirs...I went for years where I wouldn't work with Greg and tools....I'd hear him out there swearing at the project, but wouldn't dare go out to help because I knew I was asking to get my butt ripped, too...LOL. Those were my young days, when I wouldn't have dared said "for christ's sakes, grow the fuck up!!"... But you were witness to his fuck up, and I'm sure he was humiliated...and many possessers of penises can't abide female witnesses (ego is all)....

Keven only stayed at the hospital one night, then they cut him loose with a prescription for Librium. He came to our house, but Greg told him..."your stuff is 95% packed up, where do you want me to take it?". Then relenting...only a little, cuz Keven is now very sick from his drinking...got him one night in the Motel 6 to rest up, get some Librium in his system, so he can figure out where to go. He really is fighting elements, since we have no snow either, water is going to be a bitch if he ends up living in his tent. I resent it, that he put us in this position...I REALLY don't like putting a person on the street who could ultimately die because of it. He only took what he needed for his one night in the motel, so will be back today and Greg will take him and his stuff wherever he wants Greg to take it. I'm sure he has absolutely NO plan whatsoever. There are a couple of homeless shelters here, but they are usually packed...and with low temps now in the 20's he probably can't get in. They'll take everybody if it slips below zero...well, everybody who is sober...LOL....they can't have a bunch of drunks raising hell in a crowded shelter. I resent his stupidity...but I will say, the last two nights I've been here, I don't have a knot of anxiety in my gut, that while I'm working away....he's in the process of burning down my property, and risking the lives of my husband, my renter and my dog.

Tonight will be my last night this week...Friday number 2...Maybe the reason time flies so fast when you're working is that you live week to week instead of day to day??? Smile

Moj and I aren't walking like we did a year ago...he's just not as interested. I don't know if he's bored, or if his body is feeling it (that's what I suspect)....he's pretty much an every other day guy, these days. Feels great one day, wants to play puck, spends his time inside trying to get me to kick the tennis ball around, or toss it in our lay-down catch game...then the next day he just wants to walk a little, watch the neighborhood....and after his dinner he'll sleep from 6:30 to 8:00 when I walk him...the sleep again till 11:00 when I take him out for our last walk. Two weeks of that, and I can see a pot on my lower belly....OH NO!!! I'm going to have to cut back on his and my food!

Hoping they get the kinks out of this new Operating System on our computers....have to keep everything on my right screen hanging a little onto the left screen just in case the damn thing goes black....Win 7 ate ALL my personal shortcuts off my desktop night before last, and they didn't return when I restarted the computer. Had to refind them in 8 drives...I just hate it when they do something new, and it does great 8 to 5, with all the funky crap happening in the middle of the night. I have become a whiner!! Smile

p
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:09 am

on the neighbor no when he started dropping F bombs on me , it was the second time I had ran into him since 6+ months before I stopped on the road seeing him at his house emptying water he had hauled into his cistrine.. The second time I was on my way out of the house and saw someone on a tractor on my second property. So I parked at my gate and walked down there. When I saw it was him, I thought ok I know him??.. I went to explain to him that the water runs from the mountains (west) towards the road east.. (he was digging ditches from the road (east) into my property (west) to drain the water going towards the mountains..???) (remember P this man lives 2 miles up the road , he doesn't need to drive down this way to get in and out of the road) What he was doing was going to flood the road more, and especially flood my driveway for me getting out. So when I tried to explain that the water runs West to east.. H started cussing me out. Standing up on his tractor and saying I work for the electric company or the phone company (I don't rmember which he was rage screaming it) and I know about easements so I can do what the F I want when I F-ing want do, And you can do a F-ing thing about it.. I just walked away because of his pure rage outburst..

it was a third time that I saw him and the other neihbor behind me trying to pull the other neihbors buried pass the doors truck out, the truck had been there for 7 or 8 months. Again on my property and trying to use one of the electric poles as leverage. I wouldn't go down there and talk to him about it. So I called the electric company to let them know they were using their pole and said I would not go over and talk to him because of his rage problem. And if he does work for yall and does this or any harm to a customer being in a position of trust in his job to enter peoples homes especially females, I will stand up that yall knew about it.. Rage like that is not right.

his digging ditches did make the road worse for the other neighbor , the other neighbor getting sunk.. ( I built a mound of dirt to block the excess run off from his dugg ditches from covering my driveway and my section of the road for me to get in and out. Which made it flood the road section further past me instead.

because of this guys rage , need to be prepared just in case.. He actually thinks he stopped me from running because of his dog and told everyone how he scared me and I was afraid of dogs, that the other neighbor started sending her dog out after me when I started running in the other direction on the road trying to get the goats to still come with me.. ???? Once she saw I wasn't afraid of dogs, she stopped pretending she was trying learn to run too.. She had to run 1/2 mile from her house to catch me on my way back . (intersect with me after I had ran up to the ridge and was on my way back home)???

PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 am

agree it's unfare and would be upseting to me too, for Keven putting you and Greg in such a hard place.. You are doing the right think P.
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:39 pm

whew !!! now I can relax lol ,, was not wanting to get my butt into town at all.. one of those days you just fight yourself to get moving.. Over cast day temp was rising into the 40's but no sun to really melt the snow packed road too quickly.. Knew I wanted more supplies to because they can't forcast the weather out far enough for me lol lol ... We have more snow tonight, and then again for the weekend but not really know anything about the storms coming through.. It's that 3 day snow cycle that usually catches up with me for running low and close to out of supplies.. So good for the rest of the month and will have to go in for another load because the feed store closes down after new years for 2 week inventory.. See if I can get the water man to deliver this week.. Little pit of mud going on getting back at noon but should be fine if he comes before noon and not before 8 when the road is like glass for freezing..

Am suprised you haven't gotten snow , I remember last year it was just crazy with the snow and ice build up.. How is Mojo now 6 or 7?? he may just be moody for the weather lol .. Good to see him resting himself when he not feeling up to it. Keeps him from over doing it.

happy you have one day left !! Always happy your getting some days away to just relax and re focus.

Hugs your way for Keven,, know it sucks to be put in that position.. gosh it's down right awful.. But it would never justify having to worry about having everything burn down while your sleeping.

take care.. home safe and sound and solid on supplies (happy I did it, instead of kicking myself tomorrow that I didn't !!!!)
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down