we have new babies

Go down

we have new babies

Post  PatriciafromCO on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:15 pm

Little goslings... maybe the Ravens knew it was getting close ??????? The Ravens were circling over head this mid morning and I found that odd... any who.. Knew momma grey goose had been sitting on those eggs behind the freezer for a while.. Wasn't expecting anything the late fall winter attempts very seldom produce anything and usually the egg season is over with in September .. I never bother the mommas for setting in the late fall I just let them run the course..

to my suprise this evening going out to shut the barns down.. Her babies are bigger and were out from under her.. I saw 4 really nice harty little ones playing.. they look good and good size.. Thought about the heat lamp but with no wind, the momma is the best thing for them .. Hope they do ok just one of those nature things you just have to let them be....

too cute.. clown
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: we have new babies

Post  Admin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:30 am

For gawds sake....and I thought Oliver was waiting till spring....LOL. No shit he (and his cousins) knew....and they knew better than anyone else....hmmmmmm....we'll go back to "Ravens are spooky"...

p
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://patandphran.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:41 am

wouldn't say creepy. it would sadden me for the reality of nature,, but don't find them creepy.. Those mag pies now that is a creepy creepy bird that I feel no admiration around... That is a bird that just shouts death to me...
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:10 pm

pictures.... Happy a gander embden has paired up with her. Will keep the mommy safe from looing her babies to the more exstablished geese /gander groups.. They would let her do all the work and once she up and moving them around they would push her out from the babies and take the babies over... Sometimes an established Gander will take her in once she has the babies... and then all Ganders females will help her and not take her babies away.. Just more likely they just gang up on her and seperate her from the babies and just push her out from them.. Babies don't know any better they just scared and go towards anything that feels safe.

So she has this gander and will beable to raise her babies without any trouble..

daddy looks so happy to be a daddy
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:24 pm

It's funny that you see Magpies as creepy, and their black cousins as ok....they're all pretty much the same bird...crows, Magpies and Ravens....all eat the same thing, all smart, all can talk if you split their tongues (can ya imagine doing that? YUCK!)....they even look alike, and make the same noise (at least to me Smile). Having said that...Greg HATES Magpies....and so does MoJo...LOL.

Glad mama has a protective guy to help her out....and run off the Ravens, and greedy mothers....they look pretty cozy in that nest Smile.

Did a complete housecleaning today, groceries and health food store. Going to try come coconut oil in place of flax for Moj....just something different...I trust Primrose Oil, but Flax has always made me leery when it comes to allergies (not that I've noticed with Moj)....Also, spent hours, all broken up...15 minutes here, 30 minutes there....combing Moj out....all those clumps on his chest look fine when I brush him, but within 3 hours, they are all clumped up again. His undercoat is SO thick, that up against the skin each one of those clumps is a dreadlock, I swear. The hair I loosened up looks like the belly button fuzz men have...really fine and curly...we took a whole wastebasket full out of him yesterday...and I swear he looks smaller...LOL.

Greg and Keven worked all day outside...getting ready for snow....tho it's out and out balmy here....took off my long down coat and went back to my Carhart....sunny, too....

p
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://patandphran.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriciafromCO on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Glad you had a nice day while you were off.. virgo cleaning using the vacum Razz had to laugh when you said Mojo looked smaller from all the fur you got off of him lol lol ...

our magpies are black and white they huge like the ravens but only once made it down to my yard.. there was such a huge number of them that one year... they loved Roses property and she was picking them off the fence with a shot gun loll ol... It's their behavior that feels creepy from watching them... Never seen them all the way down here since that one year, only at the main road will I see them.. I wonder if it is because of the ravens they don't come down this way..

would like to hope you have a couple of nice days but I know we are taking a nose dive on Thursday... makes me think you would of already gotten it and sent it on to us..
PatriciafromCO
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down